Mt.Daraitan Climb for a Cause Leg 2. So why Leg 2? Because there was a leg 1, see it here and know why these climbs are special.
The weather was
June 11, 2016. A sunny day – ideal for hiking!
How I (we) travelled
Rented a van and we had 2 pick up points in Tropical Hut in Cubao Farmers and Tropical Hut along Marcos Highway beside Sta.Lucia Mall.
Where I (we) went/ What I saw
Day hikeable, Mt.Daraitan in Tanay Rizal and side trip caving in Tinipak River.
What / Where I (we) ate
There is no lunch provided on this hike, we just advised all the hikers to pack their own lunch.
None but souvenir stores present at the Jump off like Dri-fit shirts.
Unforgettable Moment / What I enjoyed Most
My first time hiking Mt.Daraitan was way back February 2015 and based from my not so vivid memory, we did not reach any rockies or knew that it exists. It was late part of 2015 (3rd quarter to 4th quarter) that I saw from my hiker friends a different views in Daraitan. I was also amazed when I heard that there is a camping site along the trail. But now, I got to witness the Susong Dalaga view on the rockies! There was no clearing on my first hike there so I guess this is gonna be my revenge hike on this Mountain.
Way back 2015, I really can’t remember I saw a spot there ideal for camping. SADNU!
- Views. The Susong Dalaga view was amazing.
- Steep Trail. The challenging part in hiking this mountain, for me, is not the technical part but the Steep Trail of Mt.Daraitan itself. 1 week ago, I ran my first ever 32km on a Sunday and I acquired my not-so-serious knee injury. I ran my recovery on Wednesday the following week, I felt fine unlike the pain I felt during the race. And! And! And after conquering Mt.Daraitan, again I felt that knee injury but in much worse condition. After we finished relaxing in Tinipak River, I can’t hardly step my left leg. I can’t climb the stair on our way back to Barangay.
Tiniis ko nalang ang sakit para kunware “strong” but my knee was really calling for a Stop and take rest.
- Relaxing! Cold compress after a hike is really a rewarding treat for body!
- No water source along the trail but there were stores where you can buy bottled water, Gatorade, buko flavored ice candy.
- A pile of hikers were found in the rockies. Why? Picture taking of the scenic views unlike in the Summit.
- Take note of your steps! There were technical parts along the trail going to and from the summit.
- In hiking, the side trip to Tinipak River is automatically included in guide fee.
- CR’s are present at the jump off.
- Guide is required and they strictly follow the P500/guide/5pax/8hours rate.
- Beginner pace can be a beginner Climb!
A shout out to this Bulaluhan just beside the Barangay. Their P100/2 person servings is a win!!
Being the scribe of the group, here’s our ACTUAL logs during the Mt.Batulao hike.
- 300am Meet up pointsat Tropical Hut (Farmers Cubao and Marcos Highway)
- 330am Van arrived from Tropical Hut Cubao to Tropical Hut Marcos Highway beside Sta.Lucia Mall
- 405am Van otw to Brgy. Daraitan via Antipolo
- 630am Van arrived in Daraitan (Tulay sa Daraitan)
- 644am Registration, Briefing, Orientation
- 700am Start Trek (Long-Easy Trail)
- 940am Arrived at Rockies
- 1020am Out from Rockies&Summit
- 1145am Arrived Lunch Break Spot (Near Tinipak)
- Lunch break
- 130pm Arrived at Tinipak River (20-30mins. walk)
- 340pm Back at Lunch Break Spot (others went straight to Barangay)
- pack up
- 440pm Arrived at Barangay
- 600pm Van ride out from Brgy.Daraitan
- 845pm Van arrived Lifehomes, Pasig
~3hours&20minutes – Ascend
~1hour &30minutes – Descend
~2 hours& 10minutes – Tinipak Sidetrip
A very special climb indeed! Naka hike kana, na burn rin ang calories, naka exercise, naka pag cross training, naka gain ng friends and most of all naka tulong! Amen!
“Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.”
-James Cash Penney
Thank you Lord for making this Hike possible! For meeting all of us under these circumstances, a group of people whose primary desire is to help the NHTA Benefeciaries. Lakas! You alone Lord is the Greatest Provider! #WeClimbForTheNextGeneration